Thursday, October 21, 2010

Celebrate the Holidays!

Hello to everyone! I thought I could make something a little special out of this post so that we could "Celebrate the Holidays!" The following books that I'm reviewing are related to some fall holidays. Maybe you'll jump in and read some seasonal books as well,



------------------------------------

Thanksgiving on Thursday (Magic Tree House, #27)
By Mary Pope Osborne
Publisher: Random House, 2002
73 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 9/19/2010
Genres: Reference, Fantasy, Childrens'

~First Line of Book: "One summer day in Frog Creek, Pennsylvania, a mmysterious tree house appeared in the woods."
~Last Line of Book: "And they were."

Review: I read this book for a challenge on GoodReads. I've rated it only 2 wings, because it is more of a kindergarten/ first grade book, and it wasn't as advanced for me as the boks I usually read nowadays. I did like, though, that Mrs. Osborne put some facts in the book that the main characters, Jack and Annie, learned when they went back in time to the first Thanksgiving. I liked the book; maybe not a lot, but it was still good. :)

Rating:



Attack of the Jack-o'-lanterns (Goosebumps book)
By R.L. Stine
Publisher: Scholastic, 1996
113 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 9/20/2010
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction

~First Line of Book: " 'Where are you going, Elf?' Dad called from the den."
~Last Line of Book: " 'That's a joke. Right? Right?' "

Review: I also read this book for a few GoodReads challenge. As you can see below, I rated it 3 wings; it was better than Thanksgiving on Thursday, but that was because I like scary stuff. Drew, Walker, Shane, and Shana are determined to scare the pants, socks, and shoes off of Tabby and Lee, who have ruined their favorite holiday, Halloween, for the last 2 years. They came up with a really scary plan, ans it definitely works; it even scared me! There was a lot of repetitive-ness from the jack-o'-=lanterns, but I easily overlooked that. This is a great book for people that like scary books, Goosebumps stories, and/or R.L. Stine's work :D.

Rating:

2 comments:

Booklady said...

Both Goosebumps and Magic Tree House books are extremely popular in my library. My students are constantly requesting them.

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Yeah, same at our library. Well, the Goosebumps. They don't have MTH at the middle schools, which is a good thing because by the 6th, 7th, and/or 8th grade you should be passed that level. :)

- Zakk

Post a Comment

We love comments and we read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...