Sunday, August 8, 2010

Airhead

Book Name: Airhead
Author/s: Meg Cabot
Language English
Publisher, year: Macmillan Children's Books, 2008
Page total: 307
Date Read: July 29-August 6th 2010
Genre/s: YA, Chick-lit, Fiction, Romance
First line of Book:"'Emerson Watts', called my first-period Public Speaking teacher, Mr Greer, startling me from the light doze into which I'd drifted."
Review: "Emerson Watts, 16 and female, loves playing video games, hanging out with her best friend, Christopher, and has made peace with her less-than-supermodel-esque looks. But when she's involved in a mysterious accident, she wakes up to find she's now in the body of...a supermodel. Who was behind this switch? What was the motive? And how can she get Christopher to realize she's still the same person inside?"
This is the synopsis. Sounds interesting, right? Well, it is certainly a very original storyline and all that and it was very fluffy in my opinion, like...you don't have to think much, it's very light (I don't know if I'm making myself clear). Anyway, it had so much POTENTIAL and I don't think it was developed...let's hope the sequel is better.
Rating: 3/5
Quotes from book:
"Well," I said. "I could strip off my clothes and reveal to you that under my jeans and sweatshirt I'm actually wearing a tank top and short-shorts, much like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider... only mine are flame-retardant and covered in glow-in-the-dark dinosaur stickers."
No one stirred. Not even Christopher, who actually has a thing for Lara Croft.
"I know what you're thinking," I went on. "Glow-in-the-dark dinosaur stickers are SO last year. But I think they add a certain je ne sais quoi to the whole ensemble. It's true, short-shorts are uncomfortable under jeans and hard to get off in the ladies' room, but they make the twin thigh-holsters in which I hold my high-caliber pistols so easy to get to...."
The oven timer dinged.
"Thank you, Em," Mr. Greer said, yawning. "That was very persuasive."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments and we read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...