Sunday, March 20, 2011

Desires of the Dead, XVI, Forget You & It's Not Summer Without You - Mini Reviews

Okay, this post is going to cover a slew of books I read recently and how I felt. if I feel the need to expound on any, later on I'll do a separate post.


Title: Desires of the Dead (Body Finder No.2)
Author: Kimberly Derting
Pages: 368
Published: February 15th, 2011 by HarperCollins
Synopsis (click link for summary)

I really did love this book. However, I didn't think it was as good as the first one. Maybe it's because the newness of it is over, but I don't think that was it. I still loved Violet and Jay, but I thought Jay was obsessively protective and that annoyed. Don't get me wrong, still love him, still love the book, but obsessive protectiveness, I DID NOT LIKE at all. The story was still fun though and definitely worth reading.
Rating: 4/5 30PX30PX30PX30PX



Title
: XVI
Author: Julie Karr
Pages: 325
Published: January 6th, 2011 by Puffin/Speak
Synopsis (click link for summary)

This book wasn't exactly like I expected it to be. I was telling one of my good GR friends that I probably would have liked it better had it not been for the hype. However, I still felt that the writing wasn't that great, although I've definitely seen worse. I did like the characters and what they brought to the book. I'd like to see more character development for Nina and Sal as well as relationship development, but maybe in the next book. Some of the events seemed funky, but I liked the twist on dystopian and felt like I was reading something new rather than something retold in a different way. Overall, I'd say I liked it.
Rating: 3/5 30PX30PX30PX


Title: Forget You
Author: Jennifer Echols
Pages: 304
Published: July 20th, 2010 by MTV
Synopsis (click link for summary)

I'm a fan of Jennifer Echols, so it's not crazy to say that I loved this book. It's basically the story of a girl who ends up with amnesia and then tries to find out the part of her memory that is missing. As the reader we get to follow along in her search. My only complaint is I wish the ending would have been a little longer, meaning I would have liked to have seen the actual display of her relationship. I thought it was cut short too soon. Other than that, I loved the book and the subject matter and I recommend it to YA contemporary fans.

Rating: 4/5 30PX30PX30PX30PX


Title: It's Not Summer Without You (Summer No.2)
Author: Jenny Han
Pages: 288
Published: April 27th, 2010 by Simon & Schuster
Synopsis (click link for summary)

I don't know who's read this series, but I love it. Jenny Han does an awesome job of bringing love and life into her contemporary fiction novels. Her writing is simple and prosaic and gets to the point without too much hoopla. This second book hits the spot with some tears and laughter. We get to see so much personality behind Belly and we get to see another side to Jeremiah. I loved the twisted events that occur and I can't wait for the third in the series to be released. This book was amazing and I recommend the series to anyone who enjoys YA contemporary fiction. I love Belly, Conrad and Jeremiah. Beach reads really are the best!

Rating: 5/5 (with chocolate ice cream on top)
30PX30PX30PX30PX30PX

Photobucket

1 comments:

Sarah Lydia said...

Oh my goodness, I hate books where the guy is all protective! I'm sure I'll still like Desires of the Dead, though.

Post a Comment

We love comments and we read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...