Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3; The Fugitives, #3)
By James Patterson
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company, 2007
405 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 11/1/2011
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Coming of Age, Romance, Action, Adventure


In MAXIMUM RIDE: SAVING THE WORLD AND OTHER EXTREME SPORTS, the time has arrived for Max and her winged "Flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution", a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?
~from goodreads.com~

~First Line: " 'We have meticulously crafted the skeleton of our new world,' the Director proclaimed from the large TV screen in the conference room."
~Last Line: "And if we are, it won't be pretty."

Review: Okay, so this novel was guh-orgeous!! I rushed right through the third installation in the Maximum Ride series. (This is also the third book in the Fugitives mini-series.)

Lots more action, same great amount of adventure (this time they get to go to Europe!), and more evil characters. The best part for me was that we finally figured out who Max's parents are; I already knew, unfortunately, because I read about the series on Wikipedia (what can I say? I'm a sucker for looking things up).

But anyway, the novel really was amazing. Fang and Max finally figure out how they feel about each other. You will SO be surprised! :) Recommending this novel to anyone who has begun this series! Recommending the entire series to anyone who hasn't read it yet!



Quotes from the Book:

" 'She's going to let Ari eat us! But it won't be easy for him!'
Time-out. Okay, now, tell the truth: When's the last time you had to decide to make it hard for someone to eat you?"

" 'Wait, don't tell me,' Total said, trotting after me. 'We're gonna break in, steal some stuff, break some stuff, almost ge caught, and then escape in some dangerous, dramatic way.' "

"Excellent. Just what the world needed: another Angel. Because God knows, one six-year-old mind-controlling flying child just isn't enough."

" 'Tell us about your sense of direction. How does it work?' They all looked at me expectantly.
'Well, it's like I have a GPS inside me,' I told them. 'One of the talking ones. I tell it where I want to go, and it tells me, Go twenty miles, turn left, take Exit Ninety-four, and so on. It can be pretty bossy, frankly.'
Their eyes widened. 'Really?' one said.
'No, you idiot,' I said in disgust."

(This book was HILARIOUS!)

1 comments:

Ginny said...

Really anticipating this one. Loved School's Out!

Post a Comment

We love comments and we read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...