Sunday, December 26, 2010

Priscilla the Great by Sybil Nelson





Book Name:
Priscilla the Great
Author/s: Sybil Nelson
Language English
Publisher, year: WorldMaker Media 2010
Page total: 276
Date Read: December 21, 2010
Genre/s: MG, Action, Fiction, Sci-Fi
Synopsis/Description:Meet Priscilla Sumner, an ordinary seventh grader with extraordinary gifts. As if middle school isn’t hard enough, not only does Priscilla have to fight pimples and bullies, but genetically enhanced assassins trying to kill her and her family. Armed with wit, strength, and a genius best friend, Priscilla must defeat the Selliwood Institute, an organization dead set on turning children into killing machines.

Add an older brother annoyingly obsessed with Christina Aguilera, mischievous baby twin brothers who could scare the sin off of Satan, and parents more puzzling than a Rubik’s cube in the Bermuda triangle and expect a smoking page-turner!
First line of Book:I awoke tied to a chair.

Review:I have to admit I wasn't sure of what to expect with Priscilla. It sounded awesome, but would it be awesome? I wasn't very sure.

Boy, I was wrong.

I found myself liking Priss from the first chapter - literally. She is, in one word, awesome. (I know, I need to broaden my horizons vocabulary-wise, but this is works really well in here). If she were real, I'd want her to be my friend. She is a fun, feisty, determined, and really cool girl, and the way she dealt with everything was very realistic (with that I mean she was neither too mature nor too immature) and I really liked the mix of action and Middle School drama. I thought that was so. Damn. Cool.
About the boys, I can't say much, but it's pretty obvious from the beginning someone has a thing for her, and I absolutely adore when boys do't know what to say when they like a girl. It's so endearing.
Now, to the genius bff. I can't say this is very original, but it really works with the storyline, and Tai definitely won me over.

This book is full of action and I was always either laughing like crazy, or awing like crazy (is that even a verb?) or giggling like crazy. I was never bored, never pissed off at anyone. This is a highly entertaining read, and though it's obviously aimed at Middle Grade audiences, I think older people would enjoy it too.

Now, when is the next one coming?
Rating: 5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments and we read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...