Friday, October 15, 2010

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker



A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
Published by: Razor Bill
Pages: 278
Genres: Chick Lit, Romance, and Ya
Reviewed by Kate

When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can’t get any worse. Then she marries her “husband”: Jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona’s long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very mysterious Johnny Mercer. Pranks, fights, misunderstandings, and reconciliations ensue in an almost Shakespearean comedy of errors about mistaken first impressions, convoluted coupling, and hidden crushes.

This book had a lot of potential but I felt it lacked in certain aspects. First off let's talk about the cover, unfortunatly I'm not a big fan. There are so many things that I feel that they could have done with the cover, for me it was just boring and not pretty, unique or interesting. It just fell really flat for me but the summery just sounded so cute and funny that I bought it.

Now for the overall story. As I said before I fell that the storyline had a lot of potential but again it fell flat for me in areas. The story was cute and funny but there were things that I did not like, mainly the ways that many things turned out. I want to say more but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I felt that the author could have taken things a whole different way, not for just one thing but a few things. I also didn't like the fact that, while it was funny, there were only a few characters that brought the humor out with our main character. I wish that those characters would have been in the book more. Overall it was a cute and funny story but I felt it lacked in areas and didn't live up to it's full potential.

3 Kisses

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought this was such a cute book! Though I dont agree with some things you wrote i think its a good review because you actually explain why you didnt liked it much

Black Disaster Fairy said...

I have not read this one either :(

But nice review.

Black Disaster Fairy

Unknown said...

Oh dear, I have not heard of this one.

Mad Scientist

madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Thanks everyone. Leo, I did like it, and thought it was really cute, but it just didn't quite live up to my expectations, which is maybe why I rated it lower.

Ginny said...

Good to know. I have had this book on my TBR shelf for months. Thanks for the review, Kate!

Post a Comment

We love comments and we read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...