Friday, August 20, 2010

Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway


Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway
Publisher: New American Library 2010
Pages: 241 pages
Genres: Action, Coming of age, Romance, Young adult

Anastasija Parker only has to worry about all the normal worries of a teen and then some. Ana's father, whom she's never known, comes to her on her sixteenth birthday. It all should be great right? Wrong. Ana's mother who's raised her as a single mother, is a witch. And Ana's father is a vampire, and a king no less. Things should seem great except for the fact that vampires and witches are mortal enemies.

Ana's father wants her to join him and become the rightful princess she is while her mother wants her to become a True Witch. Her parents battle it out for Ana's destiny. If that isn't bad enough Ana meets a vampire gentlemen and bad-boy vampire who is vying for her affections as well as a male witch she's known for some time. Ana needs to figure out what destiny she'll choose and who will be by her side along the way.


This book was a long anticipated wait for me ever since I found out about it many months ago. So, thank you to Tate Hallaway for sending me a copy. I was thrilled to get the book and very anxious to start reading it. I have to say that it was different from what I expected but not in a bad way at all. I finished this book in two days, it was a really good fast pace read that you needed to keep reading on to find out what happened. I really liked it and think it was a great start to a new series! I now am anxiously anticipating the second one!

This book is great that it deals with witches, I've been trying to find some books with both witches and vampires in them and this was the perfect mix. Along with the humor that had me laughing and Ana's strong personality this book was a perfect summer read. Ana has a strong and independent personality that was refreshing. Of course a very strong point in this book is our two guys, both vampire and witch. This book has a little bit of everything in it.


4.5 Kisses!

2 comments:

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Awesome review, Kate! I am still trying to see if mom will let you send them to me. :). Cross your fingers!

Zakiya.

Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

This actually sounds excellent!! I am on a totally vampire kick right now. Plus, I've read some stuff with witches and I love it too.

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Wicked. Sexy. Books.
For The L♥ve of Reading

Post a Comment

We love comments and we read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...